Just bought my Micra 1.3

« Older   Newer »

1. George_Micra

User deleted

Hello to all at MicraClub!

My name is George and I m from Germany. Month ago I bought Micra 1.3. Micra is 1998 and has 95000km (first owner, service book). It is such a great car and I hope that it will remain with me quite a few years.

I have some question about my first service. I just want the best for my car.

- Which oil is the best and most high-quality (Motul, Castrol) for Micra?

- Which spark plugs would you suggest (I was thinking Bosch Super 4)?

Thanks for all advices, replays!

Greetings from Nürnberg, Germany!

George

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Hi George, welcome on MCI!!!

about the oil, first of all what grade are you looking for? Here in Italy we usually stay on 10w40, do not know if for your climate you stay on 10w40 or 5w40

there is a topic about oil here, but obviously it is in italian
    https://micraclubitalia.forumfree.it/?t=61560322&st=15

Anyway, let's say that the 99% of 10w40 are semi-synthetic, and that 99% of 5w40 are full synthetic; the only full synthetic 10w40 i know are motul 300v chrono, royal purple and red line; the first one is a racing oil (very expensive), not suggested for daily use

Some months ago i did this excel file collecting lots of official datsheet
    https://digilander.libero.it/teamsti/olii.xls

My suggestion is motul 8100 X-Cess for 5w40 and Shell Helix HX7 for 10w40

3. George_Micra

User deleted

Hi PGB, thanks for welcome!

I have to say that MicraClubIt forum is great forum because so many interesting things to read, even if these are only in Italian.

PGB, thanks for fast replay.

I am looking for 5W40 (because of temperatures/climate). First I was looking for Motul 300V Power 5W-40 (€32.90) but I think Motul 8100 X-Cess will be also good. Thanks PGB!

On Youtube I saw video about Bosch Super 4 Fr-78x sparks and I m little skeptical about them. What do you think, what do you suggest?

Thanks for advices! I hope I will soon attach picture of my Micra SRI. :B):

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    sorry, but i have no experience with sparks XD, let's wait for other people ;)

I hope to see pictures of your Micra in this post as soon as possible!!! (suggestion: use hosting sites like imageshack or similar, do not attach them)

3 replies since 5/11/2012, 20:22   187 views